lauantai 2. lokakuuta 2010

Eurotrippin' -10: The Netherlands, part 1 or something?

It's been just about a week now since I left Tampere, Finland on a very hazy saturday morning after a night-out. Day 1: (don't worry kids, it won't get as detailed as the first day -story is)

Since I was such and sharp guy and had prepared myself well for getting up, I kinda had to take a taxi to make it to the airport in time (30€, cheers. Here, let me put the money where it came from. So ironic!!11) on top of everything else drama that took place that evening. This kind of things just really tend to happen in my case, instead of 2 € buss ride I obviously prefer that. Low-budget travels, huh!

Anyway, somehow made it through the flight and get to enjoy the worst headache in a while at Bremen airport, Germany. Curious (and hungry) as I was, had to try finding a place serving something more than piece of bread for 6 euros, so I started walking around for a bit only to find out there's probably nothing else than office buildings within 10 kilometers. After few hours of waiting I got to the buss taking me across the border to Groningen, Netherlands where I was about to meet a friend of mine. And so I did. We spent a nice afternoon doing a little tour in Groningen and having a dinner at her mum's (awesome) place, which happens to be a house built in a boat (someone can inform me if there's some proper term for that). Unfortunately I didn't have time to (or didn't realize it on time) take photos from inside because that's where it really gets awesome. Got few pictures from outside anyway and will probably publish one after I've uploaded those (if my friend agrees of course). You see I'm still looking for my usb-cable for the camera and only photography -stores that I've bumped into till now seem to have devoted themselves only for Nikon -people for some reason. (To be honest that makes me feel like shitting bricks).

 Based on the little glimpse I got to see of the city and heard from my host, I would have to say it's very much worth paying a visit. Impressive buildings and the traffic was really chill, especially when just arriving to a new country I had never visited before. Shitloads of people riding their bikes, scooters (about half without helmet's on their heads) and skate(or long)boards on their very own lanes and kinda as equals to the cars. So the traffic at least is in my opinion very different from Finland and caused me a lot of confusion at first. I've been after all biking almost the whole time I've spend here and it probably would've been quite different to get into without the years of experience on pretty much anything with wheels on it that I do.. but definitely it's worth it, love the idea and would like to see this thing happening in Finland too. What's yet to discover though is that how the F do they find Or get  their bikes down from those huge bike-storages on every railway station? Just put Amsterdam on Google and first thing you'll probably find is a picture of these.. things.. with bikes on them. Absurd looking system that is but apparently it somehow works, I suppose?

Alright enough for tonight, just had to get the load of my back or at least reduce it a little. I'll get back to this probably tomorrow, lots of stuff I don't know about, so I wonder and you get to read and laugh about it!

 G'dnight or goede nacht as google translate told me it is in dutch! Slaap lekker.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti